Saturday 5 December 2015

Gluten-free savoury oaty biscuits

I frequently use these biscuits as an alternative to bread or crispbread with my lunch, they go really well with cheese. (I am lucky that I can eat cheese made with goats milk or sheeps milk.) Also, parmesan seems to be OK for me, if you can't eat parmesan then you can substitute a hard sheeps cheese. I tried the recipe without cheese, but the resulting biscuits are so crumbly, they're almost impossible to eat.



110g gluten-free plain flour
110g oatmeal
2 tblsp grated parmesan
1 tsp soft brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp curry powder
110g dairy-free margarine
A little water to make a dry dough




Put all ingredients into a food processor and mix until well combined add a little cold water until mixture just starts to stick together. Remove the processor blade then scoop out small amounts of dough and squeeze with your hands until you have a little ball of dough, flatten onto your lined baking tray. Sprinkle tops with a little chilli powder before baking for 15 mins at 180°C.


No comments:

Post a Comment